2019 Completed Games List

It's been a while since I posted here. I just moved from Southern California to Washington about 6 weeks ago and have been settling in slowly. Got my gaming room finally all set up and upgraded my PC and bought a new TV and I managed to get the exact setup I want. I managed to finish Metro Exodus which was pretty good, but definitely had a few major flaws that kept it from being as good as Last Light.

Welcome to the Pacific Northwest! Enjoy the rain. :)

I moved here the day we got the first heavy snowfall. Not my first time experiencing snow as I grew up in Wyoming and it gets way worse there, but it definitely made the move tough. We had a few days of just sitting in a completely empty apartment because the entire area shut down.

I finished up Wolfenstein: The New Order last week. It was a decent shooter with a different story for sure. As someone who used to play the PC original way back when, it was a fun nostalgia trip.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
— Burial at Sea DLC - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5
Quantum Break - 9.5
Wolfenstein: The New Order - 9.0

I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. It was a worthy sequel to the reboot.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5
Quantum Break - 9.5
Rise of the Tomb Raider - 8.5

I finished up Rise of the Tomb Raider. It was a worthy sequel to the reboot.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5
Quantum Break - 9.5

I'm surprised you like Quantum Break that much, I thought it was rather dull and repetitive and the story had so many plot holes it was a confusing mess. Sad it didn't' turn out so well, plus it ran like garbage on PC. I personally gave it a 7/10 when I reviewed it on my site.

I’m a sucker for time travel stuff and I was really into the graphics and mid chapter episodes. I just got really into it. I played on Xbox and it ran pretty smooth. I do agree with you about plot holes though.

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC (The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining) - 8.5 / 10
-Resident Evil 2 - 9 / 10
-Far Cry: New Dawn - 7.5 / 10
-Devil May Cry 5 - 8 / 10
-Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 8.5 / 10

I finally finished Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

I enjoy From Software games such as the Dark Souls trilogy and Bloodborne, and while they are all difficult and challenging games, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is in my opinion, the hardest.

I enjoyed most aspects of this game but it didn't quite feel as polished as Bloodborne or Dark Souls III. The combat is fast and punishing, really rewarding players who can achieve parry and deflection, which despite finishing the game, I certainly did not master these techniques.

My biggest gripes of the game is that at times, the combat felt a little too unfair. An enemy thrusts their sword at me, I jump away, yet somehow take full, lethal damage. The hit box of Sekiro feels inaccurate and this did frustrate me, especially when I spent four hours over one day trying to beat the final boss.

I didn't encounter any bugs, but in a Soulsborne fashion, the camera can become intensely uncooperative (especially in certain fights when you've got the camera locked onto the enemy) and sometimes, I would lose track of my surroundings and get stuck on a piece of the environment, leading to my demise.

I'm glad I finished Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and I'm glad to have played and finished another entry to the Soulsborne style catalogue but for now... I don't think I'll be playing this game again any time soon.

I finished up Prey yesterday. I’m spending a little time right now mopping up some achievements. And I can actually get a whole new play through out of it by choosing to do things a lot differently, but I’ve sank about 50 hours into it and I’m ready to move on. Maybe I’ll come back one day. It was definitely an enjoyable game. I liked exploring and finding everything that fleshed out the backstory. The atmosphere of the game in general was deep and interesting. What I didn’t like, and the main reason I’m not immediately starting a second play through, is looong load times when moving between areas. Early in the game, it’s no big deal because you’ll spend a lot of time in one place before going to the next. But mid and late gameplay involves a lot of backtracking. Which means a lot of area transitions and a lot of staring at a slow ass loading bar until it finishes and goes to another screen where you have to wait a few more seconds before you can even press A. That annoyance aside, I really enjoyed the game. I’m still taking off a half point purely for the endless loading.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5
Quantum Break - 9.5
Prey - 8.5

J'ai fini Sekiro, c'est un voyage difficile à travers un monde étrange et merveilleux qui vous oblige à apprendre et à maîtriser ses combats pour réussir. Sekiro est l’un des jeux les plus difficiles que j’ai jamais joué mais il vaut la peine.

Last edited:
I finished up with Shadow of the Tomb Raider a couple weeks ago. It was alright. I didn’t enjoy it as much as Rise of the Tomb Raider. The story just wasn’t as good in my opinion. Maybe I just jumped back into a Tomb Raider too soon after the last one, I dunno. In any case, I’m moving on to Gears of War Remastered. Haven’t played it since it was new on the 360 probably, felt like a revisit.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5
Quantum Break - 9.5
Prey - 8.5
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 7.0

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC (The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining) - 8.5 / 10
-Rage 2 - 7 / 10

I gave up on Days Gone and decided to try Rage 2.

Rage 2 is... okay. To start with, it's got some wicked graphics, fantastic lighting, gorgeous environments and the sound design, both effects and soundtrack, are damn good. The actual combat and gun play is a lot of fun. I didn't experience any bugs and while the game runs 30 FPS on PS4 (60 FPS for PS4 Pro), I barely experienced any frame rate drops, especially in hectic combat.

The rest of the game is... kind of average. The open world feels empty and doesn't have a whole lot to explore and see, the powers don't seem worthy of use (in fact, powers actually feel quite cumbersome to utilise), vehicle combat isn't very exciting and unfortunately, the overall story is quite boring. I didn't at all care for the characters or what was going on. The ending also sucks, a lot.

I finished the game in just under 20 hours of game time, played over a period of nearly two weeks. While the on-foot combat is a lot of fun, it's not enough to keep me playing after the main campaign is done. I'll be returning this one to EB Games along with Days Gone but hey, I at least finished Rage 2.

Days Gone... as they say here in Australia, "yeah nah".

Last edited:
I don’t remember much about the first Rage as it was a pretty forgettable title to me. But all the cons you listed for Rage 2 sound very familiar and I’m sure mostly applied to that title too.

I don’t remember much about the first Rage as it was a pretty forgettable title to me. But all the cons you listed for Rage 2 sound very familiar and I’m sure mostly applied to that title too.

I can't recommend Rage 2 as a game you must play. Maybe as a severely discounted title, rental or borrowing from a friend, but I'm not going to suggest that you go out and buy it.

As gorgeous as the game's overall graphics are, with excellent sound design and fun gun play combat... the open world is just so empty and boring, the powers you receive don't have to be used at all (and actually feel cumbersome to wield), the story is forgettable and there's no reason to care about the characters or anything going on. You're basically just going from A to B to look for someone to shoot in the face.

Finally finished with Horizon: Zero Dawn. Got every trophy except for the two New Game + ones, as I feel like playing something new since I've been at HZD since the end of December. It's an amazing game, and I love how as you progress and get new weapons, modifications, and skills, you go from shitting yourself at encountering a Thunderjaw or Stormbird to easily dispatching them (well, when the damn Stormbird doesn't fly away, anyway).
The Frozen Wilds DLC was really good as well. The machines they added were really tough and the new weapons were pretty cool too, though did they ever eat up resources to make ammo. Just a really well put together game.

I can't recommend Rage 2 as a game you must play. Maybe as a severely discounted title, rental or borrowing from a friend, but I'm not going to suggest that you go out and buy it.

If it ever shows up in the XBox GamePass I may give it a try, but yeah I definitely wouldn’t buy it. I probably won’t be buying another game period until Borderlands 3 drops.

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Rage 2 - 7 / 10
-Owlboy - 8.5 / 10

I finished Owlboy today.

Took me just about a week to finish. I really enjoyed Owlboy. It plays like an old school, 2D pixel platformer, with elements inspired by 'Metroidvania' games while retaining its own unique game play elements.

The game's story is surprisingly deep, original and fresh. Despite some slow pacing throughout the game, has quite a climatic final chapter.

I loved the game's gorgeous art style and animations. The soundtrack itself is absolutely beautiful to listen to.

I didn't encounter many bugs (played on the PS4) but I did have the game crash on me a few times. The combat can range anywhere from too easy to frustratingly difficult. I did experience some minor freezes, e.g. a big explosion or death of certain enemies would make the game stop for a second before resuming. This got annoying in hectic battles.

The game is not as long as I thought it might be and I wish there was some more variety in weapons and items. The game doesn't feature a map so navigation can at times be challenging, but I suspect this was probably a deliberate move on the developer's part, to force the player to explore and navigate by visuals and memory. As mentioned earlier, the game's pacing can be a bit slow at times, especially at the beginning of your adventure.

Still, this charming title was a mostly joyous experience to play. If you're into retro-style games and platformers or you want to try a new indie-title, then I recommend you give Owlboy a try.

I have heard that this game has a lot of bugs and glitches on the Nintendo Switch, but the game's developer D-Pad Studio is working on an update to rectify these issues. At the time of writing this, the update may have already been released.

Last edited:
Finally finished with Horizon: Zero Dawn. Got every trophy except for the two New Game + ones, as I feel like playing something new since I've been at HZD since the end of December. It's an amazing game, and I love how as you progress and get new weapons, modifications, and skills, you go from shitting yourself at encountering a Thunderjaw or Stormbird to easily dispatching them (well, when the damn Stormbird doesn't fly away, anyway).
The Frozen Wilds DLC was really good as well. The machines they added were really tough and the new weapons were pretty cool too, though did they ever eat up resources to make ammo. Just a really well put together game.

Horizon Zero Dawn is such a good game. That would have been my Game of the Year for 2017, if it wasn't for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I agree with your comments. Horizon Zero Dawn is quite difficult at first because A - you're learning how to play, B - your in-game skills aren't up to scratch and C - neither is your equipment... but over time, Aloy just becomes so Goddamn bad arse that she acquires some awesome abilities (like slowing down time when aiming), sweet equipment and your actual game play skills will be sharpened to the point that big, ferocious enemies like the Thunderjaw, which once felt like a boss fight, now feels like a chump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod