GR Forum Rules and Posting Guidelines

Paul Tamburro

Executive Editor
Staff member
We like to keep things relatively free over here on the GR Forum, though rules and posting guidelines are a necessity to keep the conversation flowing.

Rules

- No toxicity.
Hateful messages will lead to a ban, as will harassing or threatening other forum users.
- No advertising. Outside of the self-promotion thread, no advertising is allowed.
- Stay on topic. Keep your comment focused on the subject matter at hand.

Posting Guidelines

- Use reputable sources.
If discussing a leak or a rumor, make sure you link out to the most reputable source available to you.
- Provide your topics with as much info as possible. Posting about a new trailer? Include the YouTube video! Discussing an interview? Quote the relevant parts and link out to it! Giving our readers as much information as possible is important to keep the conversation going.

A couple of thoughts, if I may.

I think this should probably be stickied in each main area because I imagine a lot of people don't bother to read the Support threads.

Also, the second line in the Posting Guidelines feels like it should be more of a suggestion than a mandatory guideline, as I think some people just want to drop a quick line or two about stuff and then get feedback. If I make a thread asking about how stoked people are about a game, I might be in a rush and not really have time to link a trailer or gameplay footage for the game. I might just pass altogether on making that post then because that particular guideline feels like it effectively says, "If you can't provide enough info to keep a conversation going, don't make a post." I don't know if others share that sentiment, but that's just how it comes off to me.

Also, the second line in the Posting Guidelines feels like it should be more of a suggestion than a mandatory guideline, as I think some people just want to drop a quick line or two about stuff and then get feedback. If I make a thread asking about how stoked people are about a game, I might be in a rush and not really have time to link a trailer or gameplay footage for the game. I might just pass altogether on making that post then because that particular guideline feels like it effectively says, "If you can't provide enough info to keep a conversation going, don't make a post." I don't know if others share that sentiment, but that's just how it comes off to me.

Eh, it's a guideline, not an outright rule. So essentially it is preferred that you post a video/trailer/whatever, but not necessary. I think it works fine as is.

Fair enough. For me, guidelines are rules but I wasn't trying to argue semantics, just how it felt when I read it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod