Grammar, sentence structure, spelling, etc

Do you feel that proper use of the English language is appropriate for forum topics and responses?

• Yes, grammar and spelling are very important.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tihs iz teh intrants, gramerz r 4 loozerzLAWLZ

• Doesn't matter to me.

• Total voters
Doesn't matter to me, as long as I can understand what you're saying.

Frankly all of the people who refuse to answer someone who uses poor spelling or grammar annoy me.

This isnt my senior thesis - people come to the forum to relax and have some laughs with people who enjoy the same activities as you, not to be ridiculed b/c of the slang they use or the way they spell certain words.

chris is right - as long as i understand you, who cares.

So are you saying that when you relax your typing skills turn into a retard? I am very relaxed right now and yet look at my typing, I can spell, and use proper grammar and punctuation. I don't accept that typing like a three year old is equivalent to "relaxation".

gg is right to a certain extent. While I have no problem whatsoever with simple errors, I do have a major problem with people just flat out refusing to spend an extra five seconds to make their post easy to read. I sometimes find myself re-reading a post to make sense of it. When a post is that bad, it really can be annoying.

It does definitely matter. Proper grammar is needed for written communication Your grammar does not have to be perfect but dont talk like a retard. Don't go out of your way to misspell stuff, that is just ridiculous. Saying "u" instead of "you" I can handle, but typin liek dis iz jus f00kin rediku1us. I mean, come on it takes no effort to type normally and people can understand you better. Even when I was 13 I never understood that crap.

There's a huge difference between going out of your way to type like an asshole (liek dis biatches!!!!) and making mistakes in speling punctuation and grammar

I think we need to figure out just which this poll is about. I have no problem with spelling, punctuation and grammar mistakes, as long as it's readable, but wat I dun liek is ppl who tlk liek dis FUKKAS!

When the spelling of a post resembles that of a nine year old kid, I tend to think of the poster as a nine year old kid and treat them accordingly.
There's a certain rudeness in typing things out in your own personal language vaguely related to English, forcing readers to decrypt it, often I choose to ignore the whole post.

Forum posts are a transient medium in the sense that a topic will not be a permanent fixture, but it is hardly a live environment in which people are waiting on your every word, such as in the livechat. A few mistakes are forgivable of course, but I'd expect at least a little effort considering how absolutely unpressured you are for time when writing a response to a topic.

IMO, there are times when we should use "proper" english. Personally, as long as the message is understandable, its fine.

Hey, he has been typing much more coherent posts compared to his early time here.

I never understood the ellipsis overuse. Not only does it break the laws of grammar, but the most common usage is technologically odd. You don't need to use three periods, because there's a specific Unicode ellipsis character. It looks like this…

Try highlighting that. It's only one character.

ITT: Internet elitism

I don't exactly want to go digging through my Character Map when I can just jam on a key three times consecutively.

JAM ON IT! ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod