Happy Birthday to the N64

Eighteen years? Holy crap. Happy birthday Nintendo 64!

I remember getting one of these at launch here in Australia, March 1997. My oldest brother bought the console itself while my middle brother and I split money to get our first game, Super Mario 64, which at the time as a nine year old transitioning from Super Nintendo to N64, was completely out of this world.

The N64 served us well. We had three controllers, the default original grey, a red one and a black one. We got so many games over the years as birthday presents, Christmas presents and if we were lucky to save enough money for ourselves. We spent countless hours playing things like GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, Diddy Kong Racing, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's mask. We had a lot of games and we finished them all.

We didn't stop playing the N64 until I was about fourteen years old or so, that's when we finally upgraded our console got a Nintendo Game Cube. While I loved the N64, the Game Cube was my favourite console.

I still have my old N64, wonder if it still works?

Happy birthday! I feel I'm belated on this. My most vivid memory was probably when MattAY, Sightliess, Festy, Affen, some other guy and I did that Ocarina of Time race to adult Link. That was the most embarrassing moment for me recorded. Then again, I wasn't listening.

It wasn't THAT bad, Howie! I did enjoy that immensely. That's was probably my most precious gaming moment ever!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod