Is there anyone in here?

jivesc00ter

Regular
This forum seems to have a lot less action then it did back in the late 2000's.....

So here is my story of why I was away, maybe it will help bring a few people back!

I have always loved video games, my first system was a Genesis in the early 90's, I played a lot of games through-ought the rest of my school days, during the end of high school, very beginning of college I started collecting and playing vintage games. Towards the middle of college I found other things to be more important, stupid things like booze, but ya. After college I started playing again, then I met my now wife, when she moved in, my game room became her changing room. Well in late 2017 we bought a house, so it was time to get all my old systems and games that had been neglected out.

Now my basement is the video game cave it should have always been, I have a 32in tube tv with my Master system/Genesis 2/Sega CD/32X/Saturn/Dreamcast, NES/SNES/N64, Turbogrfx, and PS1 hooked up to it, as well as an appropritlty dated tv for my PS2/xbox/GC/Wii/Wii U, as well as my few hand held systems, Game Gear/Game Boy/Game Boy SP/various DS's/NeoGeo Pocket available to play, newer systems are kept upstairs on the real TV.

As I've just been getting back into it, I am shocked at the prices! Holy crap did they go up, like I have a lot of games that I bought for 5-20 bucks that are worth a lot more, which is cool, but I was never in it for resale, I just enjoy playing a game on the system it was intended for.

So thats my rant, I do wish I would have kept up with collecting more when I was a dumb college kid, but oh well, soooo dust off those old games and lets make this forum active again! Or maybe sell me your old games lol

Won't lie to you, mate. The forums are fairly dead, nowadays. There are some users here which still post from time to time, but the forums are honestly no where as lively or active as they used to be, once upon a time.

It's good to see you're here posting, and it's awesome to hear that you've got a hell of a gaming collection. Nice job, man.

It seems everyone has become an adult. I still consider the forum users like that are my Facebook friends like family.

The issue with focusing so much on the site is that the forum had to take a backseat. We've made some changes to the number of categories to condense the activity, though honestly, building out a new base of users on a forum in 2018 is no easy feat and it's something I personally don't have a lot of experience in.

We're looking to hire someone to oversee the forums and drum up activity. But yeah, forum management in this day and age is a struggle!

Oh it definitely is, but I believe they still have a place! I use them for my other hobby, vintage 2-stroke junk

The problem with social media use for things like this, is the lack of cataloging, things get lost, information isnt easily searched, where as with forums particularly for reference, can be easily searched. Information doesnt need to be repeated over and over again, preventing the telephone effect.

Yeah, there's definitely a place for it, though drumming up that initial engagement is tough. It's a work-in-progress, though hopefully if more of our users keep active, it can start becoming more popular.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod