Must-Have GameCube Classics

I've got a lot of games for my Cube. Some of them though aren't Game Cube exclusives. Since I'm currently not at home to see my shelf, I can remember...

-Tony Hawk's Pro Skaterboarder 3
-Super Smash Bros. Melee
-The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
-Metroid: Prime
-Eternal Darkenss: Sanity's Requiem
-Starfox Adventures
-007: Nightfire
-Super Mario Sunshine
-X-Men Legends
-X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
-Splinter Cell
-Spider-Man 2
-Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
-Tales of Symphonia
-Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
-Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
-Resident Evil 4
-Soul Calibur II

...and that's all I can remember. I'm pretty sure I have more. I'll check later.

X-Men Legends was cool too. Kind of got overshadowed by Ultimate Alliance though uh? Who the fuck cares about X-men when you can have SPIDER-MAN ON THE COVER WOOT

The Ultimate Alliance series was better than Legends. Deal with it.

Those games were all the same. They just got better as they added more stuff. So UA2 was just the best.

I liked UA1 better than 2. Though Hulk was the most broken person in 1 if you got the DLC for 360. Basically, you could kill one enemy by grabbing them, and then use them as a weapon to kill others. That was one of his DEFAULT moves.

I really enjoyed Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I didn't really like the second one...

The first one I had on the Wii. My brother and I played co-op. I found the Wii version pretty fun. Sure, the waggle controls were annoying but it seemed like a real easy and quick way to access character's moves.

Have to second Daniel's Killer 7. Totally worth tracking down a copy.

Other ones not mentioned:

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
Beyond Good & Evil
Viewtiful Joe 2
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 2 (And 1, but 2 is sublime)
Pitfall: The Lost Expedition (Personal favorite and my first GC game along with Wave Race)
Second Sight
Animal Crossing (If you don't mind how the others improved loads on it)

Not a Gamecube classic, but I just bought a copy of Marvel Ultimate Alliance (my Gamestop didn't have 2, but the first is higher rated anyway). Thanks a lot GR.

My shelf:

Eternal Darkness
Twilight Princess
Wind Waker
Mega Man Anniversary
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
The Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition
RE2
RE3
RE4
SSBM
MGS: The Twin Snakes

Metroid Prime is the king ( er...queen ) of all of these games!

I'm a little disturbed that a topic about the Gamecube is classified under "Classic Gaming".

For me:
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Wind Waker
Metroid Prime (with part II as an honourable mention)
Double Dash

Double Dash is pretty great. I actually don't have as fond of memories as everybody else regarding Kart 64, because I preferred Diddy Kong Racing.

Double Dash was stellar though. The only better Mario Kart is Mario Kart DS.

God damn it, I totally forgot about Mario Kart: Double Dash.

That was a fantastic game, I remember playing that game with my mates and how much swearing would occur when we tried to play Rainbow Road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle