Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

Looking forward to it, but still grumpy about jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Kinda dumb that the trailer showed so much of the story, potentially. When advertising starts spoiling moments, you know they're feeling some desperation to improve the popular opinion of the film.

Yeah... I agree. I kinda don't like how the trailer showed off some huge spoilers, like the apparent arrival of Doomsday. It looks as though this incarnation of Doomsday is some kind of twisted, resurrected General Zod.

If they had kept that one to themselves and continued to focus on the rivalry and battle between Batman and Superman, I think that would have given the movie a bigger impact upon its release.

used44 said:
Looking forward to it, but still grumpy about jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor. Kinda dumb that the trailer showed so much of the story, potentially. When advertising starts spoiling moments, you know they're feeling some desperation to improve the popular opinion of the film.
He seems too energetic and acting like a mad scientist.

Paradox said:
First trailer for X-Men: Apocalypse.

The glimpses of Apocalypse you see look better than the Power Ranger villain from a few months ago.

Trailer looks good. Cyclops and Storm are there. Get to see Xavier go bald.

Independence Day 2 (Resurgence) dropped today; not really sure if relevant to this topic, but link anyway. https://youtu.be/LbduDRH2m2M

Jessica Jones was alright, felt quite a bit different from other Marvel series, it did kind of drag though if you don't want to get invested in subplots and feminist reading. Also, it's very hard to not imagine David Tennant isn't playing some evil regeneration of The Doctor.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Also, it's very hard to not imagine David Tennant isn't playing some evil regeneration of The Doctor.
Haven't watched it all, but I've been telling everyone to pick up that coffee.

X-Men: Apocalypse looks awesome. I'm very surprised Wolverine wasn't shown at all, but it was cool to see Xavier bald and all dressed up. ;)

Alright guys, here's my latest update. The last third or so is a Christmas themed Deadpool special. Enjoy!

Despite reports that the Iron Fist Netflix series was in trouble, a showrunner and executive producer has been found in Scott Buck. Buck previously held the same positions for the last four seasons of Dexter and was a writer for shows like Six Feet Under and Rome. Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb says "Scott came in with a take on Iron Fist that quite simply knocked us off our feet". It sounds like Danny Rand may be in good hands.

A short official synopsis for Iron Fist was also released by Marvel: 'Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist.'

While Fox hasn't officially cancelled the sequel to Fantastic Four, they've quietly removed it from their upcoming schedule. Whereas it previously had a release date of June 9, 2017, now it has been changed simply to TBD. Fox has a ten year window to get another film in theaters or else the rights revert back to Marvel, so I bet they sit on it for now and we'll see another reboot sometime in 2024.

If you've been thinking that Warner Bros went for a premature money shot by showing Doomsday in the latest Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer, production designer Patrick Tatopoulos says that Doomsday isn't the final act and a larger threat is a play. My guess is that the 'larger threat' will be Darkseid lurking in the background of the DC films like Thanos in the Marvel films.

While the role is still unknown, actress Cate Blanchett is in talks for a part in Thor: Ragnarok.
thor-ragnarok-cate-blanchett.jpg

We keep hoping Marvel will get around to doing that Planet Hulk movie but it looks like a stand-alone Hulk film may forever stay a pipedream. Marvel isn't always open about the details regarding the film rights of their characters, but it looks like while Hulk can be used by Marvel in any ensemble film, like the Avengers or his buddying up in the next Thor film, Universal still has control over any standalone Hulk film. It worked out ok when the Marvel Cinematic Universe was being born, but now that Disney's in the picture and Marvel Studios has become its own powerful entity, I don't think it will happen unless they wrestle full control from Universal or work out a deal like with Sony/Spider-Man, which to be honest, I love the Hulk, but on a box office level, he doesn't have the same draw on his own as Spidey does.

On the subject of Sony and Spider-Man, while they're collaborating with Marvel Studios now on the character, Sony still hasn't given up on their own version. What they are working on is an animated Spider-Man film that will hit theaters on December 21, 2018.

Ryan Coogler (director of Creed) is talks with Marvel to direct Black Panther.

While Marvel has not reached out to the actor nor has he auditioned for the role, James Gunn's top choice to play Peter Quill's father in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2 is Kurt Russell. Russell himself says he knew nothing about it until he read it online along with everyone else. He as since spoke with James Gunn on the phone and admitted he has yet to see the first film and basically told Gunn he'd get back in touch after he watched it. I imagine that's what the Russell family will be watching today on Christmas.
russell-quill.jpg

Here's a cool concept art image from Captain America: Civil War depicting a large group battle. I'm linking it rather than posting it because it's a screen stretcher.

Martin Freeman's character in Captain America: Winter Soldier (while still not revealed) has been confirmed to return for future Marvel films.

Alright, time for the Deadpool section of the update. Merry Christmas!

This is a video from a couple of weeks ago announcing the twelve days of Deadpool. I include it mainly because of the funny ending.

Here's a page from the script of Deadpool with scriptnotes made by the Merc himself.
deadpool-script-small.jpg

Many people on Christmas these days turn their TV into a makeshift fireplace by having it play a video of a burning Yule log. However, if you wish to put a Deadpool spin on this tradition, here's a long video with Christmas music of a burning 'Pool log.

And finally, here's the brand new red-brand trailer for Deadpool! Time to make the chimi-fuckin-changas.

Here's the green band version if you need to keep it family friendly and/or are a pussy.

deadpool-12doc-ewposter-small.jpg

deadpool-imax-poster.jpg

ryan-reynolds-435.gif

Here's the first official looks of Benedict Cumberbatch in costume as Doctor Strange. He said this was his first time in costume and he's still working on the hand gestures for spells.

strange-image-12-28.jpg

mystical-strange-005-ew.jpg

doctor-is-in-ew-008.jpg

Can't wait for this. I've heard some complaining online about Spidey's suit, but I don't have a problem with it. It's different than what's already been done and has a classic Steve Ditko era look to it. Here's some screen grabs from the trailer:

ca-cw-strailer-sc01.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc02.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc03.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc04.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc05.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc06.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc07.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc08.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc09.jpg

ca-cw-strailer-sc10.jpg

I'm glad to see Spider-Man. I'm a bit unsure of his costume... I think it looks cool, but it does look very CGI, especially with the animated eyes... although to be honest it's a nice touch, it gives him a lot more expression.

I suspect that Peter Parker in this version didn't make the costume he wears at this moment. I have a feeling it was probably developed by Tony Stark.

I reckon it's kind of a throw back to the Civil War comics, e.g. Tony Stark built Peter Parker the "Iron Spider" suit, so to me it makes sense that a young, teenage Spider-Man has a costume like this, courtesy of Iron Man.

Anyone who's curious about it, here's the Iron Spider suit.

4388806-3008797-tumblr_loxha5rx7j1qmenw0o1_400.jpg

I saw a photo online which is apparently a "leaked image" of Peter Parker in Captain America: Civil War, wearing a very makeshift costume that essentially consists of casual clothing and accessories.

579304.jpg

Disney also released high resolution images of Spider-Man right from the trailer. You can see kinda how his eyes work, but it makes him look more CGI, really.

hjvlwqhfugulqdbzph0s.png

A big image, too big for this forum can be found here - http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/ima ... zvlcwi.jpg

I agree that the suit's likely a gift from Stark. "Hey, join our side and I'll hook you up". I like the lensing eyes. It's a way to have a normally expressionless mask convey some expression. I suspect the Iron Spider suit might be a 'too much, too soon' thing. Maybe they'll have a scene where Tony is showing Parker some new suit designs and it'll pop up for a quick glimpse without feeling like they just shoehorned it in.

Oh yeah, I agree. The Iron Spider is way too soon. They might sorta do a reference to it, at the very least.

I think that Spider-Man's costume is going to be a gift from Stark, and is in a sense, the movie version of "The Iron Spider".

It looks like a unpolished cgi item. I won't be surprised if we start getting better looks at a more tangible and less cartoony suit in the future. But I like the flat feel to it instead of the flashy fabric that Sony kept throwing on a poor New York kid. I mean, Peter is easily the poorest super hero. Luke Cage has felonies on his record and probably couldn't hold down a job at Baskin Robbins...but even he has more cash flow than Peter. How's he supposed to afford all this spaceage fabric.

This is my first real update in awhile. Since group discussion on news topics has pretty much dried up to almost non-existent in my last few updates, I'm going to stick with smaller bite-size updates comprised of info I feel more pertinent rather than spending two or three hours putting together a large one.

J.K. Simmons (who rocked J. Jonah Jameson in the Raimi Spider-Man films) will appear in Justice League as Commissioner Gordon. Sweet.

Here's a little featurette showing the first footage from Wonder Woman. To me it gives off a '300 mixed with Captain America' vibe.

A Hulk solo movie is not in the plans for the foreseeable future. But according to Mark Ruffalo, the character will have a standalone story arc spanning Thor: Ragnarok and both parts of The Avengers: Infinity War movies that when added together will feel like it's own Hulk film.

Regarding that last point, that's one of the real cool successes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Not every character has had their own movie, but all the little arcs and B Plots put together form good stories

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod