What Are You Playing? - The Official Thread

I'm finally pretty far in Horizon: Zero Dawn, I think. I've cleared out all the Cauldrons, got all the Tallnecks, all the bandit camps, and have most of the collectibles with just a few more of each type to get. Haven't done any of the Frozen Wilds stuff yet and probably won't until I'm more or less done with the original storyline. It's amazing how badass you become as you level up, get more skills, and acquire new weapons/upgrades.

I'm finally pretty far in Horizon: Zero Dawn, I think. I've cleared out all the Cauldrons, got all the Tallnecks, all the bandit camps, and have most of the collectibles with just a few more of each type to get. Haven't done any of the Frozen Wilds stuff yet and probably won't until I'm more or less done with the original storyline. It's amazing how badass you become as you level up, get more skills, and acquire new weapons/upgrades.

Horizon: Zero Dawn is such a good game, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it. It was certainly one of my favourite games of 2017, coming just shortly behind The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as my Game of the Year 2017.

After I finished Prey (which I will have to return to at some point) I started up Shadow of the Tomb Raider. While it’s not bad, I’m not getting into it near as much as I did the previous Tomb Raider game. Not sure why, I’ve just been mostly ‘it’s an alright game’ since I started it. I’ll see if my tune has changed by time I get to the end.

I'm still playing Days Gone for the PS4. I think I am approaching the finale of the game, or I would assume I am at least in the final quarter of the game.

It's a conflicting game. I am genuinely enjoying it and I do look forward to playing it, but for a PS4 exclusive, it's no where near the same calibre as say, God of War or Spider-Man, and unfortunately Days Gone is quite flawed. Maybe that's a hugely unfair comparison, but the comparison is being made as they were all desired PS4 exclusives.

Days Gone is by no means a "bad" game, but it feels unpolished and a little rushed.

Apparently Rage 2 is pretty fun, and now I kinda wanna play it.

I want to finish Days Gone but it's beginning to feel like a chore to complete.

I've started playing Rage 2, picked it up for a super discounted price. The story is meh, but the combat and gun play is really fun. I'm enjoying it.

I never finished Days Gone and at this rate, I probably won't. I have no incline to want to finish it and I think I might end up returning it to EB Games for store credit.

Finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm now working on the Frozen Wilds DLC, so I've probably still got a month or so of time with it before I'm finished and will chalk it up in the Completed category.

I've started playing Rage 2, picked it up for a super discounted price. The story is meh, but the combat and gun play is really fun. I'm enjoying it.

I don’t remember much about the first Rage, I think particularly because I don’t remember it really standing out. I think I recall it feeling like Borderlands Lite or something.

I finished up Shadow of the Tomb Raider a couple weeks ago. It was alright. I started up Gears of War Remastered, played for about an hour then went on vacation to Texas for a week. I’ll probably get back into it tonight or tomorrow.

Started back on Gears of War Remastered, Played it for about an hour and was like, eh I’m in the mood for something lighter. So I downloaded Lego Batman 3 and been playing that most of the day.

I started playing something new out of the blue, 'Owlboy'.

I returned Days Gone and Rage 2 back to EB Games, got myself a hell load of store credit but saw Owlboy as a severely discounted title, decided to throw myself in and give it a go. I really like it.

Owlboy is an indie-developed title that plays similar to 'Metroidvania' games, focusing on 2D platforming, exploration and acquiring of new abilities to gain access to new areas. The game itself is set in the sky and floating islands, where you play as a student to an owl (not a literal owl, but it's almost like... a group of people, protectors with flying abilities). The game's presentation uses 2D pixel sprites and has superb animation and detail, and has a brilliant soundtrack. It feels quite therapeutic to play and I just want to play more!

I'm playing some oldies ... Civilization 5
- I heard Civ 6 is nothing new and too pricey for the same thing.
Also Galactic Civilization 2 , Anno 2070 ... plus the old favorite CS:GO
:)

I stopped playing God of War like two hours in because life got hectic and haven't set my PS4 back up to play it more.
But I did get Hitman 2 and I've been playing that a ton. It's great. Genuinely amazing how a bunch of tiny improvements make a game so much better, especially since I'm playing through the Hitman 2016 maps in it now.

With finishing Owlboy, I decided to try and see if I could find any other cheaper indie games to play, and I came across Firewatch.

I've heard good things about Firewatch but honestly... I can't get into it. I don't really feel like it's for me, but I will try and keep it up to see if I find further interest.

I was looking at some old games, thinking of what else to play, but man, I don't really want to go through the process of installing an old game, downloading all updates etc. I'm thinking about playing the Resident Evil 2 remake again, actually. First, I'll try Firewatch one more time.

I've heard good things about Firewatch but honestly... I can't get into it. I don't really feel like it's for me, but I will try and keep it up to see if I find further interest.

I swear, this is me and Bioshock. I've tried two or three times to get into it, but I just end up bored and move on to something else.

I swear, this is me and Bioshock. I've tried two or three times to get into it, but I just end up bored and move on to something else.

I found the first Bioshock to be a bit boring, but honestly, I played it way after its initial release (PS4 remaster). I imagine if I played Bioshock when it first came out, I would have really enjoyed it. I did slog it out regardless and it does have a really good story and a cool twist.

Bioshock 2 was good, but I really enjoyed Bioshock: Infinite. I loved the setting, as well as its story. I know everyone will disagree with me, but I reckon Bioshock: Infinite is the best of the trilogy.

Bioshock 2 was good, but I really enjoyed Bioshock: Infinite. I loved the setting, as well as its story. I know everyone will disagree with me, but I reckon Bioshock: Infinite is the best of the trilogy.

I agree with you. Infinite was the best and had the most enjoyable DLC.

I started playing Uncharted 4: A Thief's End for the forth time recently but I just... have no drive to play it. I got up to chapter six or seven and now I'm feeling very 'meh', despite loving the Uncharted series.

For a while now, I have been feeling incredibly unmotivated and I don't seem to have any desire to play video games. I just feel bored all the time and I don't feel like doing much, which is weird.

I have been reading some rules on playing the beginner's role playing game of Star Wars: Edge of the Empire, so that could be something.

For a while now, I have been feeling incredibly unmotivated and I don't seem to have any desire to play video games. I just feel bored all the time and I don't feel like doing much, which is weird.

This happens to me now and then. It tends to be a feeling that comes and goes. You'll go a month or two without even starting up a game system, then either a new game will come out that you've been looking forward to or you'll get the urge to go back and revisit an old favorite, then you are gaming again like you used to.

Always a good time to explore a new hobby or dive deeper into a neglected one.

I started playing Resident Evil (REmake) on PS4, which I bought ages ago. I've played and finished this game before on the Game Cube back in 2004 / 2005, but when I tried playing again recently, I found it too frustrating and ended up rage quitting (got stuck on a boss). So now I'm playing again, but since I'm playing this game as a way to relax, I am playing on the grand spankin' easy mode.

Wow. Easy mode is... really easy. I can't believe the difference between 'Easy' and 'Normal' mode for REmake. Still, I'm having a good time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod