What the f**k did you do today?

MattAY

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What did you do? What did you eat? Who did you piss off?

IS ANYONE OUT THERE?

giphy.gif

I played the Xbox One X some more, wrote our Xbox One review, stared into the void then replied to this forum post.

I worked as normal. Got my mate's wedding do this evening. Haven't worn a suit in two years...man my weight gain sure snuck up on me! Rookie error getting slim fit shirts too.

Went on a business trip to Chicago. Stayed at the Waldorf. Was driven to work by the complimentary car (7 series Benz).

I just got home.

My partner and I traveled with my parents to Caloundra, in Queensland, Australia. It's a lovely little "beachy" kinda town where a lot of my dad's side of relatives live. We were there for ten days. My parents are still there for another two weeks but my partner and I are back home, as she had to go back to work today (I'm still off for two weeks). We really didn't wanna go back. :p

Been a long week at work. Was arguing with the mathematician at my job for a while today. Just like any other scientist who knows how to code, they think they know software principles because they can code some bullshit script, but doesn't know jack shit about stability and efficiency. Thankfully by boss always sides with me and we end up getting things done my way, which saves a lot of headaches later on down the road.

My job title says I am a scientist, but I am like the first one to say that computer science isn't real science at all. Math is the science (more specifically the theory of computation), CS is the application of the mathematical models. CS is more like engineering than science. I say this so I can justify my dislike for all of the other scientists that I work with. Then again the line between engineer and scientist blurs when the engineer is working on cutting edge stuff, which is where the CS discipline sits at I think.

i am worker on manufacturing where using automation tools like https://eltra-trade.com/catalog/sick-encoder You know automation is really cool thing. As you know because of robots, people will lose millions of jobs, and accordingly a number of professions will disappear. According to some studies, each new robot occupies the jobs of more than five people.

Last edited:
For breakfast, a half rack of ribs I had in the fridge. Lemon juice and bbq sauce, water.
For lunch, more bbq. My sweetie brought me a plate from somewhere. Wasn't all that great. Bbq beans, potato salad, chopped beef sandwich and some links. And a dessert. Like 4 desserts. Some kind of ambrosia with marshmallows (not a fan) an apple pie slice and some kinda cake with heavy cream and a strawberry on top. Also, two slices of watermelon and a bunch of strawberries from the farmer's market. I brought the strawberries home, threw the rest of the dessert and links in the trash. Felt like a big man doing it too, like I were spitting in the face of poverty. Finally, I had arrived, if only for that 10 second window. Ten seconds seems like a long time, it was really like 2.5 seconds.
For dinner, Whataburger. Spicy chicken sandwich, which is legit spicy to my surprise. Onion rings and a Dr. Pepper with no ice. With Whataburger's spicy ketchup, which is the best spicy anything if you were to ask me.
Did I snack?... No. What I did was far less interesting than what I ate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod