Gotham

WickedLiquid

Regular
So what did everyone think?

I liked it, seems like it'll be a great show. I wasn't even sure what to expect going into this and was worried it might be like Smallville (I like Smallville BTW). But I'm glad it followed Gordon more than child Bruce.

And Danny DeVito will always be the best Penguin ever, just throwing that out there. But this one was good enough and I'm interested to see where they take him in this show.

it_stinks_by_yagamijase1800-d53i817.jpg

Haven't seen it yet but the show does intrigue me, since I'm a big Batman fan. Not sure when I'll watch it though, I'll probably have to go online or something since it probably won't be out in Australia for a while.

I'd suspect it to be another cop show. However, I'll watch it (this episode at least), and give my opinion, since it's on Fox and Comcast has it as a free show to stream. I might be able to watch Arrow S3 when it comes out as well as The Flash :p

I wish it was more procedural instead of heavy handedly shoving each character down our throats. I hope they just swung big with the pilot and try to do more with a little less.

Example. I got that Bullock was dirty after two examples, I think there were eighty given. My wife who has no knowledge of him got it and mentioned how they were beating it to death.

I'm sure if you click on the topic, you'll be spoiled. So I'm not going to make any spoiler notes for this.

So, they were definitely pushing cop corruption in this. Like Bret said, they made it obvious who was corrupted. I didn't care much when they through the most famous villains of Batman in the episode. The only true benefactor would be Catwoman, since she was the witness to the crime. The others were just there to be there. I don't think the show is too fast paced, but I know there's going to be a lot of mixing side stories instead of focusing on the real story, which is the death of the Waynes. I know this will happen, because of the Penguin murdering an innocent guy at the end.

It is a pilot episode, so I can't really say if the show stinks. However, I do know it's going to be another cop show.

The second episode was much better. With The Penguin still alive, it's shaping he'll be the major criminal of the season. He'll eventually get found alive and Gordon will need to be answering to questions to Falcone. It was weird they mentioned The Dollmaker. Wondering in if Larry Lance will in this show, since Arrow changed his first name to Quentin.

It may be another cop show, but I like it.

I caught the second episode...

I liked it, but I think I liked it for the wrong reasons, namely how cynically gritty it is pretending to be.

The performances were damn good, even Ertha Kitt...I mean Jada Pickett Smith. Has a lot of potential but i'm worried it will be bogged into the morass that is the mythology of Batman.

For example, I don't want James Gordon checking in on Bruce Wayne all the time. Gordon shouldn't really establish that close of a relationship with the kid, id rather see Bruce grow organically with Alfred personally. I also think they are really setting us up for a gang war, the corruption aspect is too overt and is kind of annoying. Well see what happens.

Also, Penguin is amazing in this show. I like how he is going further and further into this maniacal, almost joker-esque, fits of rage.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master