Ikea = Awesome?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GRColin

Rookie
I've always liked Ikea, but now....I'm in love with it. I'm looking over home furniture, mainly bedroom items and computer desks/chairs and they have such a great selection with a lot of customizable options. It's too bad I can't afford the stuff I *really* want from there though.

I'm about to start looking over their bedding since Rosa and I need a new comforter. I like Bed, Bath & Beyond but it's pretty expensive for the stuff we like. Once we own a home and both are settled into our careers we'll start looking at that.

Anyways...Ikea is awesome. You feel?

Most of my furniture is from IKEA.
And my girlfriend should join AI = Anonymous Ikeaholics.
If she does not get the IKEA catalog, she phone them, and ask for one!
Even though we don't have any more room for more furniture.

She is always suggestion new furnitures and asking if this or that would be awesome to have.

Oh my god.
She can spend a whole day there.

It is awesome. Really, from the concept of selling dismantled furniture, they have really made it a great store. It's cheaper than comparable places, the warehouses have damn near anything you can want and you can customize. Gotta love it.

Ikea is pretty awesome, and their commercials are WAY better than any other furniture store. And yes, commercials DO make the difference, because everyone hates the stores with bad commercials.

ikea is awesome. i'm lucky enough to live 10 minutes away from one. When my family moved we went nearly every weekend, got a ton of ikea furniture in my house

I also like how it looks like a giant blue and yellow lego block, with a swedish flag

IKEA is the Volkswagon of furniture: when it is shiny and new you are in love with it, but after a while it starts making funny noises and random parts start falling off and you curse yourself for not spending some more money up front to save you from later problems.

Final verdict: It normally falls between "pretty good" to "okay", but not awesome. Shopping in IKEA, however, is awesome. And drunkenly assembling the furniture is pretty awesome.

I'm glad this topic was made. I really can't stand the place, maybe its because i work there...Im not sure exactly. In any case i don't like how you can spend four hours there before you can find the exit. I don't like how they sucker you into buying shit you don't need. I at times find my self ringing up items and thinking to myself "Maybe I do star need shaped ice cubes, my drinks could use a little somthing intresting." I hate how we charge 5 cents for bags, thats not a deterant from purchasing bags its just an annoyance for me as a cashier. I hate how we sell the cheapest food on the planet, its like a gimmick that never gets old, 50 cent no one needs those but everyone eats them.

I could go on and on, but i wont.

jc00l said:
I'm glad this topic was made. I really can't stand the place, maybe its because i work there...Im not sure exactly. In any case i don't like how you can spend four hours there before you can find the exit. I don't like how they sucker you into buying s*** you don't need. I at times find my self ringing up items and thinking to myself "Maybe I do star need shaped ice cubes, my drinks could use a little somthing intresting." I hate how we charge 5 cents for bags, thats not a deterant from purchasing bags its just an annoyance for me as a cashier. I hate how we sell the cheapest food on the planet, its like a gimmick that never gets old, 50 cent no one needs those but everyone eats them.

I could go on and on, but i wont.

fight-club1.jpg

Anyway, I voted yes. I'm a lover of simple furniture.

Edit: hah
ikea-pohovor.jpg

My fiancée reads all the catalogs but I've never been in store. I'll have to go when we buy our own place and want to get rid of the older stuff we own.

Next time you're in IKEA say this, "Samla mina möbler för helvete, varför fan ska jag göra alt?"

Translated from Swedish: Assemble my furnitures god damn it, why the F must I do everything.

Seriously, some of the furnitures names even in if you do understand swedish as I do, are still kind of funny and could easily sometimes be misunderstood.

Ehm, I could try and make a sound clip of it when I get home. (At school ATM)

So you all can practise how to make IKEA employes assemble the furnitures for you! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaminglovex