Madden NFL 12

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I was going to skip madden this year - for the first time this generation - and was just going to stick with NCAA 12, but then I was listening to the Grantland.com Madden review podcast and it got me all excited. So now I'm a two-sport athlete. Amazon is still offering the preorder incentives if you buy now (I love when they do that) so I got a $20 gaming credit and just couldn't pass it up. Combined with the $10 credit I already had, I'm really getting the game for $30 if you think about it. At least that's what I'm telling my wife when we can't afford gas.

Anybody else getting Madden? Any Xbox players want to start a rivalry?

Bretimus_v2 said:
Still trekkin' along with my copy of Madden 08.
NINJA PLEASE.

NFL_Quarterback_Club_(SNES).jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Quarterback_Club

Bretimus_v2 said:
Still trekkin' along with my copy of Madden 08.

Best version in the last 5-6 years in my opinion. I don't know why they scrapped the QB vision cone, I loved it.

I'm trying to get some money put aside right now so I can get 12 as well as renew my XBox Live. Once I do, I'm more than game to start playing man. Just don't get mad when I stomp you.

I'm trying to load a picture I took from Madden 08. When I beat the computer, on All-Madden, 98-0. With the Lions.

I have a friend who runs a three play offense with route audibles. He is disgustingly good and I never play against him. Madden....psssh.

tumblr_ll0hueKoyY1qbwghj.gif

Still I do love me some football.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I have a friend who runs a three play offense with route audibles. He is disgustingly good and I never play against him. Madden....psssh.

I've been guilty of over-simplifying an offense before, hell, I ran the same play 8 times in a row once (then again, that is the other players fault for failing to stop it) but there is no way I could conduct an offense with three plays.

Even with 8 route audibles, your getting set up for things to go bad really quick, especially if there is no motion being used.

3 plays...I'm going to guess...HB dive, quick slant, and a play action pass for deep strikes. Yeah?

Cover 2, press, tell your DT to get off his fat ass and start shoving some people around!

Wow, you're good. But he doesn't use PA pass. He has a long pass and just modifies the routes a little here and there.

Im excited the Buffalo bills aren't rated a 67 this year. It seems the whole league's ratings have greatly inflated. lol

As long as you can still make as many custom players as you like with funny names to match their hilarious physical attributes....well then I'm sound as a pound.

"Drake Hammer" was my favourite. MASSIVE arms. Tiny everything else.

I love football but really haven't been able to get into a football video game in a few years. I think I wore myself out playing in our dorm leagues in college. Maybe soon Ill give them a try again, but Ive always preferred the NCAA games to the Madden games.

NCAA is better than Madden but I like the NFL more. That's why I buy both and okay both and usually put hundreds of hours into each one (except Madden 11 which I barely played for whatever reason). Sorry if this makes me a sheep!

^its not anything that was written, I don't think. I'm pretty sure Bill just had one of his friends on the BS Report to talk about the game.

daverabbit said:
How did I miss that grantland.com piece? I'm on there like every day

It was the first Grantland Network podcast. Find it on iTunes or whatever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133