Mass Effect 2

madster111 said:
I find the combat in 2 harder, IMO. I play on normal, and in the first one i'd just stand in the middle of the field and pick off enemies with my rifle because it wouldn't overheat for about 4 minutes of solid shooting. Not to mention the zero recoil and my nearly infinite shields.

In this one, i'm forced to take cover and do headshots.
And don't b**** about ammo. Go try to do everything with just your Pistol and sniper rifle, and you will run out VERY quickly.
Yes the combat is harder. But if you actually read anything I said then you'd realize that it isn't harder in a good way. And the thing about the sniper rifle is that there is a long period of time between each shot that allowed it to cool, so overheating wasn't much of an issue.

And why is running out of ammo a good thing, exactly? I mean, it's not like it hinders me since I can just spam biotics and my punches do more damage than the guns anyway, which is a fucking sin to do in video games.

Also, why the fuck do I look so robotic while I hold a pistol? Arms straight out as far as they can go. What the hell?

^On the pistol topic, how's the modding community? Anything cool been upped so far? I know it came out just a few days ago, but there could be some little fixes done already (how your character holds the pistol, for example). Anyone seen or downloaded anything cool?

Longo_2_guns said:
Also, why the f*** do I look so robotic while I hold a pistol? Arms straight out as far as they can go. What the hell?
Because that's the way you're meant to hold handguns to reduce recoil..

Also, keepit, no there are no mods yet.
Yet.
I can also guarantee you, the first mod is almost defiantly going to change a type of Armour to nude.

lokness said:
Lol Madster i sent you a PM. Are you sure you can do it?
Yeah. Costs almost nothing anyway.

I have a new issue with Bioware.

I want to meet the man who designed the 'scan for upgrades' stuff.
Because i'm going to remove his fingers so he can never FUCK UP SO BAD AGAIN.
This shit is so irritating, i'm literally considering not bothering to play any more.

I swear, they best do an update that increases the amount of resources you get each time to 5000 or something or that's going to be the first mod i make.

madster111 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Also, why the f*** do I look so robotic while I hold a pistol? Arms straight out as far as they can go. What the hell?
I'm pretty sure the way that they hold them would fuck up your arms. Their arms are perfectly straight, almost as if the gun was pulling them forward.

Plus, the guns don't have much recoil in the first place, since the bullets are just tiny little fragments of metal that have been launched in a miniature rail gun.

Longo_2_guns said:
madster111 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
I'm pretty sure the way that they hold them would f*** up your arms. Their arms are perfectly straight, almost as if the gun was pulling them forward.

Plus, the guns don't have much recoil in the first place, since the bullets are just tiny little fragments of metal that have been launched in a miniature rail gun.

Now this is how a true game discussion thread should look like! :p :D

I find the combat harder mainly due to the fricking interface. Not only that but I miss omni-gel replacing health - It could still be a challenge then. Now we have this MoH/CoD shooter interface for your health. I died a few times during my mission with "Archangel" where I had to close the shutter doors - It was that last door that irritated me. Then again it could also be because I'm level 4 and not 56 anymore heh.

The combat in Mass Effect is actually the worst and most boring part of the game - it's very repetitive and simplistic. All you have to do is take cover, use your powers and shoot stuff. It looks cool, but feels very rigid and limited. Enter another room with very conveniently placed crates and you know what to expect... The graphics, stunning environments and walking/running animations are one of the best I've seen, but the combat itself is so archaic and dull.
They call it an "action role-playing game" and I agree - it is a big action/adventure shooter with endless conversations and places to explore, but come on - an RPG? No way.

After playing for another 6 or so hours, I'd probably raise my grade to a B+ or so. The combat is still a little wonky, but the rest is good. It's good to see that literally every side quest at least appears in a news report.

The reason for my raising of the grade is because I laughed for ten minutes straight when I listened to a report that said that Ashley received a posthumous award from the Turians and Salarians for "proudly working with non-humans" and saying "human or alien, we're all just animals." The irony is just so great. Well done Bioware.

I'm not lying when I tell you that it is. Well, your choices from the first game at least.

It only happens if Ashley dies on Virmire in the first game.

Longo_2_guns said:
I'm not lying when I tell you that it is. Well, your choices from the first game at least.

It only happens if Ashley dies on Virmire in the first game.

Ahhh okay then!

I let that anger management issues Kaiden guy die.

Ashley was a xenophobe and annoying. Kaiden at least had an interesting backstory.

Also, another funny thing is the guy who was always trying to get a refund from the Turian shopkeeper is still in the citadel, still trying to get a refund. Made me chuckle.

Yeah...Some of the dialogue is great this time around...The fights between Joker and EDI are fun to listen to. And after I got the ingredients for the Normandy cook one of the normal people that you can't talk to said something like "Hey! It seems like you actually put some effort in the food today...You seem to have used more food and less ass" I laughed.

I really want to go to the Citadel but I don't know if I should recruit the professor first or not. The other characters seem to really be pushing for that.

The Citadel is alright. There are a few shops and the people talking, but that's about it. Honestly, it kinda sucks. You can't even wander the presidium anymore.

Really?

Is there any epic feeling of returning to action like there was in the first when you were made a Spectre?

Not really...The council was like...Fine, you can be a spectre again, but only if you stay in the Terminus system...

They're actually kinda bastards to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
claywinston