Most difficult games you've played

Final Fantasy XII was needlessly difficult, but not even close to one of the hardest games out there. It is however a great example of how games can still be challenging when coming out in (fairly) recent years.

The hardest games are old school games for sure. Donkey Kong Country? Never thought something so simple could infuriate me so, and I could have so much fun.

Ninja Gaiden 2 for the X360. The closest I have ever came in my life to actually throwing a controller. Instead, near stress fractures on my controller from repeated death grips and angry squeezing.

On normal it was infuriating. I never got around to even trying it on hard.

Seriously. I have two Disney games for my NES -- DuckTales and Mickey Mouse Mousecapades that are ridiculously hard. Mousecapades is a little bit like IceClimber and DuckTales is a basic sidescroller/platformer. I've never been past the first level of either though.

Maybe if I'd had these when I was a kid and they were the only games I owned then I might have the patience for them, but as an adult with dozens of other games that don't frustrate me after four minutes, fuck them.

StickyGreenGamer said:
Ninja Gaiden 2 for the X360. The closest I have ever came in my life to actually throwing a controller. Instead, near stress fractures on my controller from repeated death grips and angry squeezing.

Fuck that game. Seriously. It doesn't even need to exist.
There's just huge and random spikes of difficulty.

You might as well put the controller down when you get to the second boss.

TheJx4 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

f*** that game. Seriously. It doesn't even need to exist.

Lol that game isn't hard

used44 said:
Seriously. I have two Disney games for my NES -- DuckTales and Mickey Mouse Mousecapades that are ridiculously hard. Mousecapades is a little bit like IceClimber and DuckTales is a basic sidescroller/platformer. I've never been past the first level of either though.

Maybe if I'd had these when I was a kid and they were the only games I owned then I might have the patience for them, but as an adult with dozens of other games that don't frustrate me after four minutes, f*** them.

Both great games. How have you never beat Duck Tales though? Awesome games. NES Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers will always be one of my favorites though.

Nope. And I never played them as a kid, so I have no nostalgia for them. My first experience with either of them was like a year ago. And I get crazy frustrated. I can tell DuckTales is the better of the two, but I still just bounce on Scrooge's cane and hope bad shit doesn't happen.

213EDD said:
TheJx4 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

Lol that game isn't hard

People say that...and I doubt they actually played the game. NG2 is pure frustration, plain and simple.

Jx4, second boss may be bad. Last boss is just....

StickyGreenGamer said:
213EDD said:
TheJx4 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

Lol that game isn't hard

People say that...and I doubt they actually played the game. NG2 is pure frustration, plain and simple.

I beat that game on Master Ninja. Dont tell me its not easy.

213EDD said:
StickyGreenGamer said:
213EDD said:
TheJx4 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

Lol that game isn't hard

I beat that game on Master Ninja. Dont tell me its not easy.

Well congratulations then, you must be in the 1%. The game is not easy, and only people intentionally looking to start an argument would accuse it of being. Going on my 20th + year of gaming, I have never found a game as hard as NG2, before or after.

It intended to be hard, it was. You must just be doing an insane amount of hand exercise to be so nimble.

TheJx4 said:
StickyGreenGamer said:

My brother was really into the NG games on xbox, when he rented each one I could of sworn I saw the death screen more than actual gameplay. Especially when the enemies started to have guns, NG for my brother is Demon Souls/Dark Souls for anybody playing that now. It was so difficult for him but yet he stuck it through and beat each one.

Never was a controller thrower primarily because they'd break and I knew controllers were as expensive as s***. I screamed bloody murder at my TV when I was younger but now I've gotten over screaming though for some reason when I play super smash bros with my buds the screaming and swearing comes back.

Longo_2_guns said:
Rakon said:
The hardest games are old school games for sure.
Because the games were all shorter, so in order to buff up replay value they made them needlessly hard.

Even though games now are a lot easier at least you're able to finish them, hell I never got past level three of vectorman when I was a kid. I don't even think that games has a ending I think they just made four levels hoping no one would beat it. I'm shocked that Battletoads wasn't one of the first games mentioned. Another tough game was the Star Wars Arcade because there was a line and there was pressure on you because if you f***** up then you had to wait 5 hours to play again and I always panicked and screwed up when fighting boba or vader and I don't know why. Or House of the Dead 2, has anyone ever had enough quarters to see the ending of the game? Or the patience...

TheJx4 said:
kingg5 said:
Didin't they remake it just to make it easier?

Sigma? Yeah.
Ninja Gaiden 3 looks even easier.
Maybe that's what 213 was playing. Any game on the virtual boy. Just because you end up with brain hemoraging before you could be a game.

Not sure if this covers games that you willfully choose ti the hardest difficulty in, but if so...

Probably not the hardest ever by any stretch of the imagination, but God of War II on the super hardest difficulty (Titan I think?) was punishing. I got to the Theseus fight and just ran into a brick wall and could never get past it. Even the run of the mill trash fights in that game you had to play with near perfection.

I remember the last boss in Dead or Alive 4 (the jelly one) giving me a hard time on the hardest difficulty.

Damn that bitch!

Mega Man games are hard until the point you have memorised the level. After that you are a terminator blasting through Wily's evil robots with a breeze.

Platformers that need fast reflexes and precise pixe perfect jumps give me the most trouble. Super Meat Boy being one of them.

Don't laugh but New Super Mario Bros. Wii. By yourself the game is a breeze but when you play with 3 shitty players or 3 douche bags then the game becomes impossible.

kingg5 said:
TheJx4 said:
kingg5 said:
Didin't they remake it just to make it easier?

Sigma? Yeah.
Ninja Gaiden 3 looks even easier.
Maybe that's what 213 was playing. Any game on the virtual boy. Just because you end up with brain hemoraging before you could be a game.

PSHH you think i'd buy a game that has had 2+ remakes before a #2 is out your sadly mistaken. I can still remember all the DLC i bought for Ninja gaiden 2 and also the fact that lvling up your starter sword is a no no. Appreciate being labeled as '213' though :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133