Olympics!!!

used44 said:
McKayla Maroney's near-perfect vault was INSANE. Can't believe she was docked even a tenth of a point.

My guess, bias.

But then again the scoring systems seem a bit broken sometimes. Watching the boxing a lot has shown that, the scoring system there is atrocious...

You're probably talking about the Diaz fight, against the Cuban. Or maybe the Japanese match? Pick either one and you're right. They're going to the 10-point must system in the next Olympics, but it's still left up to honest judging and an unbiased referee.
In boxing? Yeah, good luck with that.

But the more publicity the bad judging gets now, the better off the sport will become. It has no choice but to clean up its act. Professional boxing on the other hand is a crapshoot.

Optimus-Crime said:
You're probably talking about the Diaz fight, against the Cuban. Or maybe the Japanese match? Pick either one and you're right. They're going to the 10-point must system in the next Olympics, but it's still left up to honest judging and an unbiased referee.
In boxing? Yeah, good luck with that.

But the more publicity the bad judging gets now, the better off the sport will become. It has no choice but to clean up its act. Professional boxing on the other hand is a crapshoot.

It is why I don't like Professional boxing so much. The ametuer stuff is very interesting but the point system is fairly annoying, and not just in the Diaz fight either, its several fights where the points seemed to be off.

In other news, I am thinking about taking up archery as a hobby. Whose with me?

Green_Lantern said:
Eh, archery isn't really that fun.

I love it! I used to do archery at summer camp with a short bow, even got a bronze in a point-based speed competition.

would love to go back and see the training.

I really should try archery there is a place only down the road from me..... :S looks like it would be fun, but maybe not as a sport.... i prefer running :p

Jessica Ennis' bum looked fantastic today! And her running was pretty good too - well done Jess!

Watched it on a big screen in a city, was awesome. Can't believe Murray won so convincingly. Well done guy.

danielrbischoff said:
I'm not the only one who got bored with these Olympics am I? Maybe now that swimming and gymnastics is over I should turn it back on.

i havent watched it period. i just find summer olympics so boring for some reason. i watch the winter from start to finish.

tbat said this is the first time im watching it, always like watching usain bolt.

wow that 100m final was awesome, if powell didn't get hurt every single guy would have been under 10 seconds.

All hail Usain Bolt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master