Spaaaaaace!!

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
tumblr_lkjvzxr3d41qe6ipj.gif

Later next month, Comet Panstarrs will likely be visible to the naked eye at night in the Northern hemisphere. Its closest approach to Earth will put it roughly 100million miles away, a bit further than the distance between Earth and our star.
Comet-Pan-Starrs.jpeg

Even later this year we may get another celestial treat. In late November, Comet Ison will approach and may even be bright enough to see during the day all around the world, provided it holds together and doesn't crumble as it nears the Sun.

The last time a bright comet approached that I remember was back in the late 90s. I never saw it because the whole time it was in viewing range, there was heavy cloud cover. Hopefully, we'll get to see these.

I bloody love comets. I'll keep a look out too. Who wants to join me on the bonnet of my car? We'll stare up at the night sky with a doobie.

What happens when you wish upon a comet? Is that bad luck or good luck, I'm not sure. It's probably something like a monkey's paw. Like your wish will come true, but it comes with unwanted circumstances. "Oh, I wish for a million dollars!," and you get a million dollar bill with Obama's picture on it that you cannot cash anywhere.

That would be really cool to see a comet hang around during the day like that. I remember going up to one of the local ranges with my uncle and watching junk enter our atmosphere for hours and hours with his telescope.

Garbage was never so beautiful.

MattAY said:
I bloody love comets. I'll keep a look out too. Who wants to join me on the bonnet of my car? We'll stare up at the night sky with a doobie.
The murrikans have hoods, so i guess it's you and me who'll chill with the weed and make meandering posts on GR later that night discussing the merits of snickers vs mars bars.
(spoilers: Bounty > all)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133