US prisons

they have to make an example out of someone. same thing with that happened to the kid who was calling swat on false bomb threats while kids were live streaming. Messed up.

madster111 said:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/02/prisoner-got-37-years-in-solitary-for-facebook-posts-what-the-hell/
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/02/h ... r-facebook

Classy work guys, truly a justice and rehabilitation program you should all be proud of.

Privatization o the prison industry means do what you can to keep people locked up and the government funding rolling in. Thats it, nothing more nothing less. I wish the aliens would just show up already.

Take power out of the good guy's hands, turn over more power to the bad guys. madster, this is brilliant! This plan is foolproof!

[SpongeBob narrator]
296hgk1.jpg

207nuhd.png

Don't be like Overly Paranoid Rob Lowe, get DirecTV and try to enjoy yourself for one week without worrying about the affairs of a country you don't even live in.

or

Break a stupid law, get a stupid penalty, stupid.

StudioTan said:
These inmates also use social media outlets to conduct gang activity and organized crime.

Or to talk to loved ones at under $0.25 /per 5 minutes, when they make a sweatshop living on the inside. You can monitor what they say on social media - track it and who they are in contact with, but solitary confinement? for that long? For that?!

That website seems like a reliable source for misinformation. I usually try to pull the same story from multiple sources before I attempt to form any opinion.

Here's a quote from CNN covering the same story:

Of the three prisoners who received more than two decades of solitary confinement, none will be able to serve their full punishment -- their sentences are all up before 2025.

They likely wouldn't have spent all that time in solitary confinement anyway. As a result of
such long sentences, the South Carolina Department of Corrections has been forced to suspend punishments due to a lack of solitary confinement cells.

Just last week, the state began to roll back its use of solitary confinement as punishment for social media use. It will eventually cap time alone at 60 days -- and inmates can be let out early with good behavior.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/13/technol ... ok-prison/

Well it's just an example of not thinking things through. I understand why, but it's like they conjured up the idea without fully thinking about certain circumstances.

But whatever.

PS Madster you need to chill once in a while, stop posting complaints and have a beer or something ;)

It's not that I want prisoners to be treated better, its that almost half of them are serving time for drug possession. The over criminalization of Americans has become an issue. Americans today are finding themselves criminalized by laws for things they don't see as inherently wrong.(Remember when unlocking your own cell phone was illegal?)

Some links
Racial divide.
http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/sta ... e_race.jsp
Ethnicity
http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/sta ... nicity.jsp

48.7% are in on drug offenses. The highest out of all tracked.
http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/sta ... fenses.jsp

And just for controversy by gender.
http://www.bop.gov/about/statistics/sta ... gender.jsp

Dumb laws
http://www.dumblaws.com/

They do the same here.

You can buy a plastic bag for $0.15 but they won't hand 'em out for free (down south interstate, they do). They're trying to encourage the use of re-usable bags that you can buy and use again and again.

I had a... debate, with my colleague at work. We went to the local supermarket. I paid for a plastic bag, she just took one. I said you've gotta pay for it, she declined and argued "You don't have to down south.", I returned "We don't live down south, we live here." and her response was "It's dumb. It's only fifteen cents."

Sure, it's only fifteen cents but it's the principal behind it all that bothered me so much.

Anyway, I've gone off topic. Back to the topic at hand,

Wow. Holy crap.

Master_Craig said:
I had a... debate, with my colleague at work. We went to the local supermarket. I paid for a plastic bag, she just took one. I said you've gotta pay for it, she declined and argued "You don't have to down south.", I returned "We don't live down south, we live here." and her response was "It's dumb. It's only fifteen cents."

Sure, it's only fifteen cents but it's the principal behind it all that bothered me so much.

Ppl Y U So entitled!??!?!
why.jpg

StudioTan said:
Here's a quote from CNN covering the same story

My biggest problem with that is 'likely'. Seems to me like the availability of the cells is irrelevant, it's the fact that some retarded pile of shit somewhere thought it was a good idea to put in place a system where you can post a couple pictures on facebook and get the same punishment as a serial rapist+murderer.

If a phone is used to conduct illegal activity on the outside, why the fuck does the for-profit prison have any say whatsoever what punishment is used? That should be up to courts with an entirely new case against both the inmate and the outside contact.
Speaking of for-profit prisons, why is this situation a thing? They're getting paid to make sure exactly that situation can't happen, maybe the scum should invest in making the cells faraday cages.

^I support Madster's statement. Again, its the Privatization of the US Prisons that cases this and the "admin panels" that hand-down punishments outside of the court.

Also, we all know there are programs that block sites. Like, why even give them computer access if you're worried about facebook posts?

Missouri
It’s illegal to sit on the curb of any city street and drink beer from a bucket.

Oh yes. What a strange place to live.

You can be publicly intoxicated though, which is nice.

Score one for the good guys. Truthfully when you boil it down, you'll find the only ones breaking dumb laws are dumb criminals.

If the judge hands down a ruling, personal or otherwise, that on the terms of the incarceration you are to not go on social media, and then you decide to go on social media anyway, you have broken the rules of your incarceration and are subject to an in-house ruling.

The terms were given to the inmates beforehand, and that's the point those rallying for this S. Carolina man are missing (all 2 of you).

Open Word and begin writing the justice centers or some congressmen? But might I suggest rallying against the African prison conditions first? The guys in S. Carolina have access to the internet for crying out loud whereas the inmates in parts of Africa have literally one hole in the ground they must share as a restroom in an overcrowded cell with very little lighting. Why doesn't that ever make the news? Oh, it did, never mind. It just didn't make the boards.

You are currently going out of your way to support the ability for a run-for-profit prison to act as courts.
I want you to think real hard about what you're doing and why you've decided solitary confinement (otherwise known as 'torture' to the UN) is a fitting punishment for posting on facebook.

Last time i checked, those parts of africa aren't a country of 350 million with large portions of the population owning multiple vehicles and eating 3 overly-large meals a day., so it makes sense their prisons are shit.

Optimus-Crime said:
you'll find the only ones breaking dumb laws are dumb criminals.
I'm going to keep this quote right here for when the US start their thought crime division.

Ah hah madster overreacting, blah blah, never happen, blah blah
If i fucking told you 10 years ago the government was monitoring every phone call, email and text message you'd have reacted the same way. Now you've got the government straight up admitting it and passing laws to make it legal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coin Master