What? Another generals game?

Lien

Rookie
For goodness sake EA! Stop messing with my childhood! I mean, you got Syndicate, you ain't gonna take my favorite RTS of all time (after starcraft) away from me! There is NO way you can make a decent game where an alqaeda clone army, the USA and China are baddies trying to kill each other around the globe in the name of the war on terror, mirroring the fears we American perceived past 9/11 to an extreme! I mean the only other studio i can think of that can pull this off is Bioware with their witty charismatic story telling with a mixture of the Battlefield 3 engine. And we all know E.A are p***ies when it comes to...

...what? Made by bioware with the frostbyte engine?

*checks Trailer*

...You win this round E.A... Now about that dungeon keeper...

cher.JPG

I'll be done with class by then.

This will be my first investment into timekilling again.

Its About time...

TheJx4 said:
No one knows what the hell it is.

Could be an FPS for all we know.

Hurr.
Nope! It's just Chuck Testa.
Actually, it's more and likely going to be an RTS game. Command & Conquer are known for it.

UghRochester said:
TheJx4 said:

Hurr.
Nope! It's just Chuck Testa.
Actually, it's more and likely going to be an RTS game. Command & Conquer are known for it.

It's also infamous for that terrible FPS released awhile back.

TheJx4 said:

Hurr.

Generals was an RTS game. So I would think Generals 2 would also be a RTS game... I mean, what kind of game calls itself "Generals" if it wasn't an strategy game?

Besides wasn't EA working on another C&C shooter?

Green_Lantern said:
Can't say I'm really holding my breath....The C&C series has been so stale since Red Alert 2.

You know what I think? They should just reboot the older Dune games. "The Spice must flow..."

I'm glad that it's not ACTUALLY Bioware, but a company they bought and put under the Bioware label like three months ago.

Though it brings up the question of how little faith they have in this company if they feel they have to put "Bioware" on the cover. ANYTHING else would be better.

cyberjim2000 said:
You know what I think? They should just reboot the older Dune games. "The Spice must flow..."

I did love that Dune RTS, and really only because of the universe. Though a black Atreides wasn't doing it for me.

Seriously, if you guys haven't seen the Sci-Fi mini series with William Hurt and Alec Newman, you're missing out.

But back to the topic at hand. I've just felt like the C&C games have been shitty and unimpressive for quite awhile.

LinksOcarina said:
What did Bioware do?

Not RTS, that's what. They're the only decent developer besides DICE (although BF3 is a shit sandwich).

What's an orca doing in my C&C Generals? Trying to pull a "prequel to a fucking prequel prequel" of the regular universe?

If it's not made by westwood, it's not worth it.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
What's an orca doing in my C&C Generals? Trying to pull a "prequel to a f****** prequel prequel" of the regular universe?

I think Generals is what happens if Albert Einstein didn't go back into time and got rid of Hitler. While the Tiberium Series is what happens if the Soviets won in the first Red Alert game when Einstein does went back into time and got rid of Hitler... Yeah...

I thought that Red Alert, Tiberium, and Generals were all separate universes or something.

Regardless...

IN THE NAME OF KANE!
KANE LIVES IN DEATH!
IN THE NAME OF KANE!
KANE LIVES IN DEATH!
ONE VISION! ONE PURPOSE!
THE TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE!
PEACE THROUGH POWER!

...I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me.

The plot of Generals was after 9/11, the U.S forces just go straight to war without even acknowledging the U.N or congress, leading to a over zealous terrorist group who detonated a nuclear bomb in china... At least that was what i understood from the first campaign mission... you know? the one where you gotta destroy U.N supply vans? Yeah the game was huh... controversial...
Ahem...

Peace through power! YOU CAN'T KILL THE MESSIAH

With the zoomed in view of the troops I was wondering if this was going to be in a style similar to Company of Heroes.

I was never crazy about C&C, when I was a kid I was too sucked into wacraft & starcraft. That being said I did play C&C and Red Alert 1 & 2 but that was it (and I loved the ones I played but I never followed the series or story). Hopefully this one is good because I heard that Red Alert 3 was just a big disappointment and I heard C&C 3 wasn't good too. I never played them, in fact I haven't been into RTS games in such a long time since my warcraft/starcraft, empire earth and age of empires days.

I thought it was odd seeing the bioware tag, mainly because when I see bioware I immediately think RPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133