Female dogs...

Paradox

Soaring Phoenix
...read: BITCHES!

After getting rid of my psycho ex a few months ago, I was content to be back to the single life for awhile. But then a friend of a coworker apparently took notice of me and started coming on strong. I thought she was fun, despite the large age difference (I'm 35, she just turned 21). We dated a few weeks and everything seemed great. Then the day before I was going to head out of state for a week and half to visit family, she texted (TEXTED, not called!) me saying she just wanted to be single for awhile and not be in a relationship. I didn't know what was going on, everything had seemed fine up until then (I consider myself to be quite emphatic, I can usually tell what other people feel, need, and want by reading body language and other subtle clues). To make it worse, she pulled this kinda early on the busiest day of my work week when I was putting in long hours before my vacation so I couldn't even formulate a reply to her text (TEXT!). So instead of focusing on my work, I spent the rest of my long work day transfixed on her goddamned text (A FUCKING TEXT!) instead of the job at hand. I finally got out, went home, packed, and tried to sleep before heading out. I still hadn't had a good chance to process what she had said (IN A GODDAMN TEXT), so I just replied with some bullshit that basically said 'whatever, we'll deal with it when I get back' and went out of town.

While I was gone, I guess she didn't realize I could see where she would tag some other guy's name on Facebook in posts relating to girlfriends and fucking (BECAUSE APPARENTLY SHE'S A STUPID FICKLE CUNT). Oh, did I mention the part where she had just gotten hired at the same place I work and our only intermediary friend got transferred to another location? So tomorrow, I get to return to work (where I'm technically her supervisor) and deal with this and work along side her.

We were actually dating before she got hired, so I can't blame this on workplace romance, but I can warn against the dangers of dating someone so much younger than you. That being said, there is this eighteen year old chick at work that is kinda cool...

Dude...make her clean the toilets and get ALL the coffees and teas.

Does she know you know? You could have some fun with that too if she doesnt.

I haven't talked to her or anything since that day, so yeah, I plan on making her real uncomfortable at work.

Paradox said:
I thought she was fun, despite the large age difference (I'm 35, she just turned 21)

Flag #1.. and its a FVCKING DOOSY.

Paradox said:
she texted (TEXTED, not called!) me saying she just wanted to be single for awhile and not be in a relationship

Flag #2 - Yea see flag #1, so far you've exercised poor judgement.., but please continue..

Paradox said:
I guess she didn't realize I could see where she would tag some other guy's name on Facebook in posts relating to girlfriends and fucking

Flag #3 - I'm sure that was fun to see over your vacation, but You didn't unfriend her? Why? Ppl just don't break up with you out of the blue, its usually a long torturous thing that happens, with this someone else obviously caught her eye.

Paradox said:
That being said, there is this eighteen year old chick at work that is kinda cool...

You don't learn.. Whatever, get your dinky stinky but dont EVER tell us where you work or tell people who you work with that you frequent this forum because this thread is a lawsuit and a half. It doesn't matter if you met before, you have to disclose the relationship and scheming on the 18yr old.. never let a thought like that leave your mind.

But if no one knows that you dated you can talk about other women you've dated recently around her.. I'd sway towards the - make her jealous side and not really workplace repercussions side. For example, go out to a club/bar with some coworkers, hook up with someone there (so that your coworkers see), then talk about it over the water cooler the next morning loudly. That should be fun.

I wouldn't advise anyone else to do this other than you... make us proud, but stay off of the 6 o'clock news.

The line about the 18 year old was a joke, I've learned my lesson about drastic age differences.

I didn't unfriend her at first because I wasn't mad at first, just bummed. Now I'm just keeping her as a friend for effect; like there was something she wanted so I had ordered it for her as a gift. When it came, I posted a picture of it saying 'hey look what I ordered for myself'.

As for the workplace, yeah I pretty much plan to keep it subtle. I'll try and stay off the news.

5207362+_225582df6f7f16b32be082335b8daf90.gif

Bloody hell, man. That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

Breaking up with someone over a text is pretty low. That's how my girlfriend and her ex-boyfriend broke up. He texted her while she was at work and broke up with her, nine months into the relationship. The poor girl has anxiety issues, so this was a bit of a crippling blow.

She and I met and got together, once we were dating, the dick head ex tried talking to her again, to the point of trying to ask her for nude pictures, e.g. "I miss you, you're so sexy, can I please have a picture?" etc. It's very evident that he was not looking for a relationship, but just to get his Goddamn rocks off. Fucking wanker.

She flat out ignores him now and refuses to speak to him, and I had very little to do with that. I said to her one day, "Do you want to talk to him?", she said "No, not at all." and I said "Well, there's your answer." I'm proud of her.

Anyway. Sorry, back to you.

Sounds like a rough scenario and it doesn't sound very nice of her. It's a down right dick move to break up with someone over a text. Then again, and this is no excuse, she's a lot younger than you are and she's obviously immature. I know you liked her, but you may have dodged a bullet!

I know it's easier said than done. I know you want to, in a sense, have the last laugh and that she kinda deserves it, but personally I think it should be dropped. The only reason I suggest this is because she's involved in your workplace. For all you know, you might come down hard on her at work (or she may feel that way) and she might complain to higher ups, HR etc. If you're her supervisor whom in the past has dated her, it could bring up some issues if things were to go that way.

Sorry mate. I'm not trying to be a prick. You're a good bloke and I don't want you landing in shit.

Yeah, I think I dodged a bullet too, Craig. She was actually off work today, but ended up stopping in anyway to pick some stuff up. I didn't look at her or even acknowledge she was there. She must have got the hint cause she finally unfriended me. Obviously when we are actually working together I'll be professional, but from now on, she'll just be some girl I work with, nothing more.

Young women who cannot cook = my kryptonite.
No need telling me whether or not she could cook, I already know she could not.
So with that in mind congrats on seeing her for what she is...a bill.

My girlfriend isn't that good at cooking, but to be fair... neither am I!

We often practice and learn cooking together at least, so we're both working on it. :)

Whoa I read that story and then I read Urbz response and thought, "great minds think alike". That really sucks though. I hated dating. I was horrible at it.

Bitches be crazy.

I have a story I kept a secret but enough time has passed and I really don't care about it anymore so I'll share it just to make you feel better Paradox.

I won't bore you with the details but she was also young (at the time she was 20 and I was 27) and after dating for a very short period of time she lied about being pregnant. She was also bi-polar and off her meds and when I tried to break it off she attempted to stab me. I knew right from the start she was bi-polar and i should stay away. But she was cute and asian and cute and well yeah. But she was also bat-shit psycho! And I mean no disrespect to anyone here who may be bi-polar, like I said she was off her meds. To this day I still don't know if she lied because she wanted me to stay with her or if it was just some sort of drama game. Regardless it was like over 2 years ago so whatever, like I said I dont really care why she did what she did.

So no worries Paradox, we all do stupid things for pretty young girls when we think with our penis instead of our brain. Live and learn.

Shitty breakups are never fun when the wounds are still fresh, but the scars they leave always make for entertaining stories later on.

Damn Wicked, that's fucked. And yeah, Nate, it'll make a tale to tell one day.

And you're right, Chris, she couldn't cook. I found her diet was consisting mostly of a lot of fast foods, as was mine when I was around her. That wasn't helping my continued efforts at weight loss and don't see it doing any favors for her in the future.

I appreciate all the advice and support I've received in this topic. I mean what I've said before: after hanging out at GR for almost 14 years now, you guys have become my 'internet' family. You guys are the best.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133