Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Demo

drathbone

Regular
So I just played through the demo. The demo seems pretty polished and the storyline doesn't seem too bad. The map appears pretty massive and I enjoyed it so far. I like the skill/class system too. I was hesitant about this game, but I'm pretty sure this demo sold it for me.

Anybody else?

Downloading it via Steam now...Will likely try it on the 360 as well just so I can get the ME3 unlockable item.

Was very good...although the seams of the original design (being a MMO) show through...

Overall not too bad, will likely be a sleeper hit.

I played maybe 15 minutes so far. It's like a good Fable, but I still not sure it's a game for me.

LinksOcarina said:
Was very good...although the seams of the original design (being a MMO) show through...

I think I remember reading that it was gonna be an MMO but I couldn't pin it down. I would have to agree, it does indeed feel MMO-ish at times, however I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Could be big, like Darksiders. I think this is getting a bit more press though. Not to mention Curt Schilling (what the fuck?) one of my favorite baseball players is involved.

drathbone said:
LinksOcarina said:

I think I remember reading that it was gonna be an MMO but I couldn't pin it down. I would have to agree, it does indeed feel MMO-ish at times, however I wouldn't say that's a bad thing. Could be big, like Darksiders. I think this is getting a bit more press though. Not to mention Curt Schilling (what the f***?) one of my favorite baseball players is involved.

yeah, he has a thing for video games I guess. When you have as much money as he does, why not do some producing?

thewizard.jpg

He is actually a fan of playing Everquest and WoW, and it shows in the design of the game since it was originally going to be an MMO.

The MMO aspects really turned me off from the game. I enjoyed the demo for the first five minutes (of actual gameplay), but I felt it would be better of as an action game.

Most of the fun came from attacking citizens and animals.

I don't really understand how it is not an action game. RPG, sure. But the combat is pure action.

Green_Lantern said:
TheJx4 said:
but I felt it would be better of as an action game.

Isn't that how you view every game?

Nah. It just feels like it SHOULD be an action game.
When I think of RPG's I think of things like The Elder Scrolls, or Fallout. This seems like a watered down MMO turned into an action game with unnecessary rpg elements.

and yeah, thanks for stereotyping.
You're all old fucks and you hate everything.

EDIT: You have a point used, but the combat is really weak and sometimes it felt like I was playing a sequel to Free Realms.

TheJx4 said:

No, no, no, that's just Eyebrows. Though he doesn't realize it yet. I mean, he's only 26 (?) and he's already a bitter old man.

NickKmet said:
TheJx4 said:

No, no, no, that's just Eyebrows. Though he doesn't realize it yet. I mean, he's only 26 (?) and he's already a bitter old man.

"pretty much"

Generalizing is fun. Let's do it more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo